We don't make mistakes we just change our plans-

Carla Rodio





Search This Blog

Thursday, February 7, 2013

extra triangles and batik spiders

 This is a large eight pointed star  I made the diamonds out of 14 inch half square triangles.  When I was cutting them out it was really easy to cut out two sets at a time so there will be another giant eight point star by the end of the month.  Finish it up in 2013.  Link back to Lovely finishes.  One of the things that I am very proud of is that all the fabrics in this post are out of my stash.  No new purchases.  Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without.
 Quilting detail of giant star border.
 Point and quilting detail.
 Detail of quilting on the diamonds.
 Our church youth group is going to tie small quilts for charity so I volunteered to make 3 bound sandwiches except that I lost control and machine quilted this whole cloth quilt.  Click to see quilting detail.  The whole time  I was quilting I was thinking of my four year old grandson.  He likes to hold his hands up beside his face and wiggle his fingers and say "spiders" in a scary voice.  Sigh, he is over in China.
 Stripey bound sandwich.
 Stripey bound sandwich.
Almost a whole shot of my eight pointed star.  One of the nice details is that the border on each side is a different color.

No comments:

Post a Comment