We don't make mistakes we just change our plans-

Carla Rodio





Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

j is justin

My nephew Justin has just graduated so I whipped up this little number. My inspiration for it is a quilt on Amy's most recent blogger's quilt festival. inspiration here Mine is considerably different. I made it twin size (72x90) and inserted an initial block in the horizontal pieced block. It's an official stash buster quilt. Almost everything in it came from my or my friends' stash. While it looks like it was one big block slashed in two to insert the horizontal block; that is not how I constructed it. It has three blocks. One 28 x 58, one 40 x 58 and one 8 x 58. They were all pieced together and then bordered with two borders. A 1" border and a 6" border with cornerstones.


I quilted a j into the initial block and stippled the background to get the j to stand out just a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment