We don't make mistakes we just change our plans-

Carla Rodio





Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2010

Shaggy umbrella plant, marsh marigold

I was walking my dogs this morning when I spotted these blooming in the woods. So I went back home and grabbed my camera and came back with the dogs for a minor muddy adventure. The dogs were happy because right near there someone had dumped a couple of dear carcasses. So I plunged in, literally, and snapped the photo below.

This is Caltha palustris aka marsh marigold. Native to moist areas in the cool northern hemisphere. Very pretty plant but poisonous. It is a member of the buttercup family.

This is one of the coollest plants growing in my garden, Syneilesis aconitifolia aka shaggy umbrella plant. I'll be posting later in the season to show you the mature foliage. It is native to Asia where it grows on dry hillsides. It is happy growing in dappled sunlight near my birch tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment